Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hiatus, Again, I Know...

So, I have once again been on a bit of a hiatus, or as I was told, "MIA". I have been super busy and neglecting my fashion responsibilities! BUT I do have a few things I must cram into this post, because I have been slacking off with my very patient blog.
First and foremost, workout gear from Old Navy is a Fashion, Friendly & Frugal must-have! Why spend $60 on a pair of spandex pants when you can slip into a pair of $10 Old Navy leggings?! I have shopped around, time and again for cute workout gear - that is not 100% black and boring. To my dismay, everything is always super expensive and oh-so-drab (whatever you do, do not shop at Kohl's. Their workout department is extremely overpriced).
Here is where Old Navy comes in. They have a great line of inexpensive active wear, which includes some very comfortable bras - which keep your ta tas in place. I recently got two pairs of leggings for $10 each! On top of that - pun intended - I found a very appropriate hoodie for $15! Furthermore, I saved 20% on my purchase because of some promotion they have going on through June for Old Navy card holders.
Round two. I was missing the mall, my second favorite mall - Topanga Canyon, you are my Mecca - so I dropped by last Friday. I was out of work two hours early and started my weekend by stopping by a few of my favorite frugal stores. Express was my first stop. Tons of stuff on sale. Skinny white jeans, on sale. Period, end of sentence. Cute navy blue cocoon sweater, on sale. And most importantly, I bought a red dress. Now for whatever reason, I have always avoided red dresses. I bought a cute, frilly one last summer and it has apparently turned into a summer tradition. The best part about my new red dress is that it looks like a Herve Ledger bandage dress - I gave into the knock-off look. The minute I put it on, I knew I simply had to have it. It was tight, flattering, and beyond sexy - in a very understated way. I fell in love. I felt like Kim Kardashian, squeezing all of that junk into a form-fitting dress to show off all of the right curves - but in a skinny, white girl way. The cashier must have thought I was crazy. I bought red, white, and blue and the 4th of July is clearly more than a month away. I am patriotic, but I am not that patriotic.
After I left Express, I felt the burn in my wallet so I streamlined for Nordstrom, which was near my exit and my car. Major fail. Cute stuff, wrong cuts and bad silhouettes. However, I was informed about the Half Yearly sale which started this morning at 8am! After working at Nordstroms for three years, I cannot help but get excited for their fabulous sales. My shoppping trip was a blessing in disguise because I got the much needed heads-up about the sale.
This is where my real excitement comes in. Hiatus or not, I still have been staying current with what is going on in the fashion world - New York Magazine Online, you are my BFF. So I joined in the festivities this morning on Nordstrom.com and bought... a pair of... jeggings! Yes, jeggings. Never thought those words would come out of my mouth, but I do like my jeans skinny. So I am waiting for my Easy Money jeggings to arrive, along with my Jessica Simpson, simple sandals - yes, again, I never thought I would give in. My total was very Fashion, Friendly & Frugal at just under $100! Sales are fun and so is frugal shopping.
So, there is my frugal update. Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone be safe and wishing a very Happy Birthday to my girl Mel! Hiatus #3, here I come!

*Image: www.nordstrom.com


No comments:

Post a Comment