Monday, August 2, 2010

Rent's Due: Motivation In Moderation

Yes, it has been over two months since my last post but busy cannot even begin to describe just how frazzled I have been. Although I have neglected my blog, I have not been able to stay away from my passion for shopping... BUT in major moderation. My "field research" for Fashion Friendly & Frugal took a turn for the not-so-frugal with the purchase of my beloved MICHAEL by Michael Kors wedges a few months back. Seriously people, not frugal. However, I do not regret investing in such a classic, funky summer sandal- especially since one can wear open-toe shoes year-round in sunny SoCal.
During my record-breaking hiatus I stumbled across jeggings - which I absolutely support 100%! Nars blush - Orgasm, I'm fancy huh?! I had another beyond pleasing experience with Zappos.com with some very affordable YSL knock-offs. Bought a few more pairs of ridiculously wonderful sunglasses, and last but not least, I was introduced to a whole new side of J.Crew - Gap's CEO bailed for the Crew!
I have been in search of the perfect straw fedora, almost stripper heels (but still classy), lightweight shawl cardigans, and Fashion Friendly & Frugal stuff for the office - which has beena major fail. Most importantly, I have been intrigued by Christina Aguilera's signature red lips and have sought out the hottest lip product under $13.00 (Loreal infallible lip color in Beyonce Red)! Red lipstick, who would have seen that one coming?!
The low-light of my hiatus had to have been the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Can you say, "Major Disappointment!" I recently revisited the site of a pre-sale rally in Pleasanton I attended while still with Nordstrom... I have no words. It was sloppy, smelly, and super sad. The departments were filled with lack-luster sale items which were marked up today. Anniversary Sales used to be the shit.
Long story short, I have managed to accumulate some amazing frugal finds in the past couple months, I simply have not had the passion or time to post. Have no fear, Fall is creeping up on us quickly and I cannot wait to share my frugal opinion! Boots, here I come.

*Images: beautifulhairstyles.com
jadorefashionblog.wordpress.com
pacsun.com
portraited.com
realsimple.com
sgcafe.com
urbanoutfitters.com
womenforchange.com
zappos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment