Monday, February 1, 2010

Rent's Due: Why Blog?


After watching "Julie and Julia" a few weeks ago I realized that I needed to personalize my blog. Although all of my fashion advice is mine and mine alone, it occurred to me that I was not letting my readers see the real me. So, here is a long story made short about how I came to be a Fashion, Friendly & Frugal blogger.
I graduated from the amazing California State University Northridge last May from the wonderful department of Family and Consumer Sciences. I focused on and earned my BS in Apparel Design and Merchandising and minored in Marketing (one of the top 300 business schools according to the 2008 Princeton Review). The two fields went hand-in-hand, which seemingly should have been a match made in heaven upon my graduation. However, the terrible economy plus my 2009 graduation was the perfect equation for unemployment.
I had the perfect internship at a wonderful company in Beverly Hills my senior year at CSUN. I had the inside scoop (and connections) on a training program with a company based in the area that I grew up in which would have began a few months after graduation. I graduated, applied, nailed the interview and waited. No more than a month later were my dreams of the perfect life after college graduation shattered... via email.
So this is where I am today. Currently over-qualified for retail sales but "under-qualified" for anything else in the fashion industry. Through my education and guidance from a professor and friend, I discovered my love of writing about fashion. Also, through my brother's advice, I created this blog. I may not be earning a living doing what I love, but I am still actively pursuing my dreams through this blog (dreams that I have had since fifth grade). The economy may not be what it once was, but in time I will find the perfect career, just like the perfect pair of Christian Louboutins! But until that day comes, I will continue to blog for all of my wonderful readers and followers.
What are your aspirations? What is your dream career?

*Images: http://socialentrepreneurs.typepad.com
http://www.ucd.ie/quinn/t4cms/i_love_blogging-787805.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment