Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rent's Due: Pink

Happy October, my favorite month of the year! Libras rock, my blog turns 1 year young the 18th, Halloween is a mere hop, skip and a jump away, and it is breast cancer awareness month! So, the Rent is Due and I decided to focus on Fashion Friendly & Frugal ways that you can help fight for a cure.
I love me some NFL and October makes me extremely proud of the NFL and its affiliates. Every Sunday and Monday millions of people tune-in to see their favorite players and teams fight to the death for one more win. What makes this month of their relatively short season so special is the fact that the players, coaches, cheerleaders, etc. are all bringing breast cancer awareness into the homes of millions of Americans (through fashion, nonetheless).
Save The Ta Tas is another thing I love about October. I toured their amazing company a few years ago with my classmates and have never looked at breast cancer the same way. As a woman, I feel this is a very important issue which has become quite mainstream in a very marketable (and positive) way. Which in turn has only helped spread the word of how important it is to visit your doctor and perform self examinations.
So this month, do your part and contribute to the fight against breast cancer.

AND do not forget about ALZHEIMER'S:

BTW: Gooooo SF Giants!
*Images: www.out2martincounty.com
www.sfgiants.com


No comments:

Post a Comment