Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rent's Due: Absolutely Obsessed

Can you believe it is already May? April flew by and my blog has been lacking. I had to take it easy for a while with my "field research" because I was not being very Fashion, Friendly & Frugal. However, it is a new month and that means that the Rent's Due! What better way to start off a new month than to spotlight a very special pair of shoes (I am totally loving shoes right now)?
I am very picky when it comes to fit, with any piece of apparel or accessory. No matter what the price point may be, it must fit just right in order for me to spend my money on it.
So, the Nine West sandals I wrote about a couple posts ago were finally shipped to me and I simply was not happy with them. I tried them on with what I would wear with them and I was less than impressed. Needless to say, I returned them.
While I was searching for the perfect pair of wedge sandals, I stumbled across the most gorgeous pair of Michael by Michael Kors wedges at Zappos.com. It was a complete accident but I fell in love, until I saw the price. Leather straps wrapped around a cork wedge with faux wood stacked five inches high. Fabulous. Although they were $165, I was won over by the fact that Zappos does not charge for shipping, so I put them on my credit card and did not look back.
They arrived this past Friday and I just about had a heart attack when I opened up the box. They were the most spectacular pair of shoes I have ever purchased and they were exactly what I have been looking for in a sandal. However, I ordered them in a 7 1/2 because of what other customers' reviews said and they fit, BUT I am hesitant to settle for something so expensive that should be absolutely perfect.
So, I ordered a half size up and am waiting to see which fits better. I am well aware that my purchase is nowhere near Fashion, Friendly & Frugal, but I sooo deserve this beautiful pair of shoes. They will not sit in my closet and they will not collect dust, I will wear all five inches of each of them until they are worn out. I am confident their cost-per-wear will pay off in no time.
Being Fashion, Friendly & Frugal is all about making your wardrobe work with new purchases and making new purchases fit seamlessly into your current wardrobe. If you strategize correctly, you can splurge on things like this without breaking the bank, especially if the item goes with nearly everything in your wardrobe. At the end of the day, you must be happy with what you decide to spend your hard-earned money on, and I am more than happy with the fact that I purchased something I am absolutely obsessed with at a somewhat reasonable price (the quality is well worth the price). As is with many things in life, it is not necessarily the quantity but the quality that counts - yes, that was very cheesy.

*Images: www.zappos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment