Thursday, August 5, 2010

Clogs, Anyone?

Frugality is dependent on each individual's income and personal idea of what frugal may be in relation to their disposable income. My idea of Fashion, Friendly and Frugal comes in the form of a wonderful clog. Yes, clogs are making a comeback - but not those ill-fitting Candies clogs with super fun print ads (1990s-ish, anyone?!). While at The Rack the other day I was enthralled with the never-ending new shipment from Nordstrom stores. This was actually a very successful and dangerous visit to one of my favorite places for accessories.
I began with the clothes, T.B.D. of course! I worked my way through each "department", tried on some tops made for even smaller people than me - and by small I mean short. Left the fitting rooms disappointed and paved the way for the racks, upon racks of shoes.
When you cannot afford something, it makes you want it that much more. Driven by my love of Designer anything -because I cannot afford it - I streamlined for the small area with a very limited selection of Designer shoes. Not only were most of these shoes still ridiculously over priced, but all of the cute shoes were made for those even smaller than me people.
So I reluctantly turned down the size 8 aisle and to my surprise, there was the most beautiful pair of totally in-style, in-season clogs... by Via Spiga! I must have been hallucinating or something. The best part was that they were most definitely Fashion, Friendly and Frugal! No, no... the even better part, is that not only were they the only pair of size 8 Via Spiga clogs, but they are still in high-end department stores selling for nearly $200 and I got mine for $89! Seriously?! I will be happy as long as I do not find out why my shoes ended up at The Rack.
These clogs may be considered frugal at their original price point to some, but for me, I enjoy the fact that I am able to wear such a high quality shoe at a very Fashion, Friendly and Frugal price in relation to my personal views on what passes as frugal.
Clogs, a must for Fall!

*Images: www.thesoulsofmyshoes.com
www.marieclaire.com
www.shopstyle.com
www.lorisshoes.com
www.polyvore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment